Dec 7, 2010

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Was Basically

Surprisingly, I didn’t see The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show when it aired last week. I know, usually I’m on top of my half naked models prancing to Katy Perry events. I don’t know, I guess I was busy not feeling bad about myself. So thank goodness NY Mag put together the minute and a half version of the event.
GAH. We all remember the fashion show that Christina Applegate puts on at the end of Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead, yes? It’s here if you want to bone up. I think the designers at Victoria’s Secret, if one were to ask them, would cite that as their main influence for this, the ugliest collection of outfits I have ever seen. Lacrosse??? A giant soccer ball shrug?? WTF, Vicky’s? I know you flaunt your trashy side proudly, but this is beyond. As long as you were going balls out (tranny model next year maybe?), you should have hired the hot dog truck and called it a day, at least to ground this disconnected circus in some actual reference. There are some obvious differences between the two shows, for one, the Victoria’s Secret Show did not take place in Sue Ellen’s backyard and Sue Ellen did not feature a cadre of male dancers/gymnasts. But I feel as though they share the same soul, just with different budgets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger